Conditioning Oil-in-Water Emulsifier
Description: Emulsifying agent consisting of sorbitol, ethylene oxide & oleic acid (polyoxyethylene-80 sorbitan monooleate), oleic acid is derived from vegetable oil. Purity > 95%. Amber, viscous liquid, odorless. Saponification value 45-55. Soluble in water & alcohols, insoluble in oils. HLB value 15 (gives oil-in-water emulsions).CAS: 9005-65-6INCI Name: Polysorbate-80
- Non-ionic, multi-purpose emulsifier (enables water and oil to mix)
- Emulsifying efficacy is increased when combined with cetyl alcohol or sorbitan stearate
- Acts as dispersing agent and anti-static thickener
- Very useful as solubilizer and stabilizer of essential oils
- May be useful as hair growth supplement
Use: Can be added to formulas as is. Typical use level is 1 – 10%. For external use only.Applications: Body washes, hair shampoos, hair loss treatments, lotions, creams, bath oils, solubilizates.