Description: Modified alcohol (1,2-propanediol), metabolized to lactic acid in the body. USP grade. Clear, slightly viscous liquid, odorless, tasteless. Soluble in water.CAS: 57-55-6INCI Name: Propylene glycol
- Effective humectant and wetting agent preventing water loss in products and in the skin
- Increases skin permeability of active ingredients as it penetrates into the outermost skin layers
- Emollient and lubricant properties
- Excellent solubilizer of other ingredients
- Increases spreading of creams
Use: Add as is to the water phase of the formulas, typical use level 1-8% in emulsions. For external use only.Applications: All kinds of skin care products, hair care products, color cosmetics, soaps (glycerin soap).